The mommy makeover is one of today’s most popular combination plastic surgery techniques, designed specifically to address common issues faced by women who have been through pregnancy and breastfeeding. The surgical technique has found its way into mainstream media with it becoming the procedure of choice among the Hollywood elite.
“Mommy makeover” is a catch-all phrase that refers to a specialized combination of body contouring procedures, performed together to improve the physical changes that linger long after pregnancy. One reason for its popularity is that the mommy makeover has no set components; each procedure is custom-tailored to fit the individual patient’s unique needs. However, the surgical approach generally starts with a breast and abdomen contouring procedure, then adding additional elements as needed.
What can a mummy makeover achieve?
Overall, a mummy makeover aims to achieve a more visually pleasing body shape. You may be finding it hard to lose your ‘baby weight’ and the extra skin that came with having a baby. In addition, your breasts may also have changed in a way you are not happy with. This procedure aims to reverse the changes having a baby has had on your body by:
- Removing excess tummy skin and fat
- Tightening the tummy wall muscles
- Improving the appearance of unwanted scars or stretch marks
- Recreating a more desirable breast appearance
- Reducing or restoring breast volume
- Removing excess fat and skin from the arms and thighs
- Enhancing the volume and shape of the bottom
- Rejuvenating the appearance and tone of the vaginal area
The mums who have this procedure describe a major increase in self-confidence. Therefore, the mummy makeover can have positive effects on you both physically and mentally!
Suitable mummy makeover candidates include anyone who:
- Feels unhappy with their body after having children
- Do not plan to have more children
- Have tried diet and exercise to remove excess fat with little or no success
- Have a healthy BMI
- Do not plan to lose a significant amount of weight after their surgery
- May have excess skin they are unhappy with
- Would like to improve the appearance of unwanted stretch marks or scars
- Would like to improve the appearance of their post-pregnancy breasts
- Are relatively fit and healthy
- Have no serious health conditions
- Have realistic goals for the procedure
- Are emotionally ready for surgery