Man Hair Loss Problem And Treatment (Hair Transplant)
Hair loss not only affects the scalp of men but also their entire bodies. Sometimes the hair loss is permanent or temporary. It causes due to heredity, medical conditions, hormonal changes, or an increase in age. This problem is also faced by women but commonly hair loss faces by men.
Causes of hair loss
There are various causes of hair loss problems in men. These are as follows:
- Scalp infection: infections like ringworm occupy the skin of the scalp and hairs. It will result in hair loss and scaly patches.
- Patchy hair loss: it is also known as alopecia areata. This problem occurs when the immune system of the body attacks hair follicles. This will cause hair loss and bald patches on the skin of the scalp.
- Medication: certain medicines create side effects on hairs that create hair loss and baldness in men.
- Skin disorders: certain diseases like lupus and psoriasis cause permanent hair loss in the scarred areas on the scalp which causes baldness.
- Hormonal changes: the hormonal changes in men cause hair loss mostly thyroid gland is the cause of hair loss.
- Hair-pulling disorder: this makes the men feel like pulling out their hairs so when they pull out the hairs from the scalp that will result in hair loss.
Treatment of hair loss problem in men
Hair transplantation is performed to cure baldness and hair loss issues in men. There are two types of techniques in hair transplantation one is Follicular unit extraction (FUE) where the hair follicles are extracted from the donor area on the scalp and transplanted to the baldness area.
Another technique in hair transplantation is follicular unit transplantation (FUT) in which hairs are extracted backside of the scalp and the graft is placed into the baldness area where individual hair follicles are not taken as like FUE.